With the expansion of Education, the department of education has been divided into Primary Education, Secondary Education, Higher Education, Professional and Technical Education. The official websites of the Uttar Pradesh Government are as follows :
Education as an integral part of development of human resources has received an impetus with the establishment of the University of Gorakhpur. Progress in this sphere has been impressive over years. Gorakhpur has residential University, Engineering College, Medical College and Degree colleges for the students of the eastern region of Uttar Pradesh.
1. Deen Dayal Upadhyay Gorakhpur University
Setup in 1957, 25 thousand students at present, are enrolled with approximately 320 teachers. Apart from the general courses, the University offers courses in Bio-Technology, Bio-Chemistry, Computer, Journalism, fine Arts & Music and MBA . It is also the centre of Academic Staff College (under UGC) and Indira Gandhi National Open University( IGNOU). It produced two chief ministers of the State, Shri. Vir Bahadur Singh and Shri. Raj Nath Singh Number of faculty members have held the post of Vice Chancellor, in different Universities with dignity. The prominent Vice Chancellor of Gorakhpur University were Prof. R.P. Rastogi (BHU), Prof. Nagendra (Lucknow), Prof. U.P. Singh (Purvanchal Univ.), Dr. Vidya Niwas Misra (Kashi Vidya Peeth), Prof. V.S. Pathak, Prof. Radhe Mohan& Mishra, Prof. Revati Raman etc. It also gave Directors of Higher Education Commission, Rajarshi Tondon Open University, Secondary Education Commission.
2. B.R.D. Medical College
Established in the year 1969, it is 6th Medical College in Uttar Pradesh. It is named after the prominent Social Worker Baba Raghav Das, a devoted freedom fighter and Sarvadaya Leader of this area. The College is situated 8 kms from the Gorakhpur Railway Station. Professor P.L. Shukla, was the founder Principal and Professor of Anatomy. This institution is affiliated ; with Gorakhpur University.
The teaching hospital complex ‘Nehru Chikitsalaya’ came into existence in 1974. It has got 650 indoor beds and out patient departments for various disciplines of medical services.
Since 1980, the College is running Post Graduate training programme also, for the degree of M.S. & M.D. in Anatomy, Surgery, orthopaedics, Obst.& Gynaecology, Opthalmology, Phisiology, Pharmacology, Pathology, Anaesthesiology, Pediatrics, Medicine, Skin & V.D. etc. In addition to these courses, it also runs diploma courses, of the above listed departments.
3. M.M.M.University of Technology
Madan Mohan Malaviya University of Technology, Gorakhpur has been established in year 2013 by the Government of Uttar Pradesh in the form of a non-affiliating, teaching and research University after reconstituting the Madan Mohan Malaviya Engineering College, Gorakhpur which was established in 1962.
For further details please refer to http://www.mmmut.ac.in
1. Government Polytechnic Boys
2. Government Polytechnic Girls
3. M.P. Polytechnic
5. Other Institutions
1. Institute of Technology and Management, Gorakhpur
2. Purvanchal Institute of Dental College, Gorakhpur
3. Buddha Institute of Technology, Gorakhpur
4. Suyash Institute of Information Technology, Gorakhpur
6. Degree Colleges (Prominent in the city)
- St. Andrews College, oldest one and founded in 1899 by the Church Missionary Society, grew out of the mission school.
- Digvijaynath College, set up in 1969, is named after the mahant Digvijaynath of Gorakhnath temple.
- D.A.V. College
- Mahatma Gandhi College
- Gangotri Devi Women’s College
- Chandra Kanti Ramawati Deyee Women’s College More…
7. Inter Colleges
- Jawahar Navodaya Vidhyalaya
- Jubilee Inter College
- St. Andrews Inter college
- D.A.V. Inter College
- M.P. Inter College
- A.D. Girls Inter College
- Carmel Girls Inter College
- Vikas Bharati School
- Central School
- Army School
- Little Flower School
- G.N. National School
- St. Paul School
- Springer School
- St. Joseph School
- Central Academy
- Saraswati Shishu Mandir School
- Rampus School
- Naval’s Academy … More >(List of Recognised Primary / Junior Schools)