Disaster Management Plans
District Disaster Management and Mitigation Plan(DDMMP) , Gorakhpur
As per the DM Act 2005-Section 31, there shall be a District Disaster Management Plan for disaster management for every district of the State. Some salient features of the DM plan of the district as mentioned in the act is as followed:
(1) The District Plan shall be prepared by the District Authority, after consultation with the local authorities and having regard to the National Plan and the State Plan, to be approved by the State Authority.
(2) The District Plan shall include—
• the areas in the district vulnerable to different forms of disasters;
• the measures to be taken, for prevention and mitigation of disaster, by the Departments of the Government at the district level and local authorities in the district;
• the capacity-building and preparedness measures required to be taken by the Departments of the Government at the district level and the local authorities in the district to respond to any threatening disaster situation or disaster;
• the response plans and procedures, in the event of a disaster,
• such other matters as may be required by the State Authority.
(3) The District Plan shall be reviewed and updated annually.
(4) The copies of the District Plan referred to in sub-sections (2) and (4) shall be made available to the Departments of the Government in the district.
(5) The District Authority shall send a copy of the District Plan to the State Authority which shall forward it to the State Government.
(6) The District Authority shall, review from time to time, the implementation of the Plan and issue such instructions to different departments of the Government in the district as it may deem necessary for the implementation thereof.
Apart from District Plan, DDMA-Gorakhpur is working effectively on drafting the disaster management plan for villages & schools too for enhancing their respective disaster resiliency.
Village Disaster Management Plan (VDMP)
- Village Disaster Management Plan, Banoda, Gorakhpur
- Village Disaster Management Plan, Kaili, Gorakhpur